Primarily, we collect such information for the purpose of providing you with an outstanding experience as you access our large collection of online designs and printing resources to design, personalize and order print products (collectively, the “Services”). In order to provide you with relevant information, respond to your requests, and increase the benefits you receive from the Services, we sometimes request that you provide us with information about yourself.
What Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect and may transmit personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us through our Services. Personally identifiable information that we collect and transmit may include, but will not be limited to: first and last name, company name, job title, mailing address, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number and expiration date), transaction data, birth month and birth day, geolocation information, purchase information, information contained in any e-mail or other communication you send to us, information you give to us in any other way (such as feedback or survey data) and any other identifier that permits us to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”).
This information may be collected through various portions of our Services. Some of the ways in which we may collect Personal Data from you include, but are not limited to, our:
- Website Collection
- The ShopModPac online ordering service
- Information you provide through interactions with our Services or with third parties we use to provide you Services
If you choose to provide your Personal Data through the use of the Services, and later decide that you want to opt out of us having your information, please refer to the Choice/Opt-Out provision below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IP Addresses and Cookie Data
MOD-PAC uses IP Addresses and Cookies in limited ways, as follows:
An IP address is literally your computer’s address and is a unique identifier, allowing online information to be sent to the right place. We use IP addresses to better understand the customer database. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Websites. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information such as geographic distribution of our members. We do not intentionally link your IP address to your Personal Data.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use persistent cookies. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. Specifically, cookies are used by the Websites and the ShopModPac order section in order to uniquely identify users, associate user files with orders, and to enable the shopping cart.
You always have a choice with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you can accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set or reject all cookies. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of our Services, so it is beneficial to leave them turned on. If you choose to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use certain Services. Please consult your browser instructions for information on how to modify your choices about cookies.
What We Do With Your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services, including to monitor the usage of our Services.
- For the performance of our Services to you, such as to process payment of a product that you have purchased from us.
- To contact you by phone, email, text message, or other equivalent means of electronic communication regarding our products, services and promotions, such as New Promotions, New How-To’s and other content, New Templates, and New Products & Capabilities.
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about us and our products unless you have opted not to receive such information. For example, with your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
- To manage your requests, such as to attend and manage requests you direct to us.
- To provide customer support.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To gather analysis and valuable information so that we can improve the Services we provide to you, including website design, shopping preferences, and your online shopping experiences.
Why We Collect Your Personal Data
As outlined above, most of the Personal Data we collect is provided to us directly by you so that we can bring our service and products to you. Your Personal Data is collected for our legitimate business interests or those of our service providers as outlined below:
- To allow the performance of Services we provide throughout our platforms.
- To make sure we can keep in touch with you to provide these Services.
- To allow us to be efficient so that we can deliver the best Services possible.
- To prevent and detect criminal and/or fraudulent activity that would be damaging to you and/or us.
- To promote our business to new and existing customers.
We (and our service providers) may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With website providers: We may share your Personal Data with website providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Websites.
- With service providers: We may share your Personal Data with service providers to help us deliver our services to you.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- With affiliates: We may share your Personal Data with our affiliates.
- With business partners: We may share your Personal Data with our business partners to offer you certain products, websites, or promotions.
- With third party vendors: We may share your Personal Data with third party vendors to provide behavioral remarketing or advertising services.
We may use your Personal Data to connect you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. We have a legitimate interest in using your data for promotional purposes (please see “Why We Collect Your Personal Data” above). You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data if we are required by law to do so or in response to legitimate requests of public authorities (e.g., a court or government agency).
Disclosure Through Business Transfers
We may buy, merge, or partner with another company or business and in doing so acquire or transfer Personal Data. Personal Data collected through the Websites may be among the transferred business assets. In the event of an acquisition or merger, your Personal Data may be transferred so that we may continue to sell products to you. In the course of such a transaction your Personal Data would likely be considered a business asset, and, notwithstanding limitations imposed by applicable data privacy legislation, you hereby agree to such a transfer.
Other Reasons for Disclosure
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights of MOD-PAC
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Third-Party Service Providers
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Data to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. The following are some examples of our use of third-party service providers:
- Payment gateways and other payment transaction processors;
- E-marketing firms that assist us with the administration of our Websites, promotional newsletters and emails, which helps us understand what our customers want and need from our service, including analysis of the results of particular surveys we may perform; and
- Outside shipping companies to deliver your product orders.
However, some third-party service providers have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies to learn about the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, your Personal Data may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Google Analytics is a web analytics website offered by Google that tracks and reports (non-personally identifiable) website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google Websites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
The Services we provide may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. MOD-PAC is not responsible for these third-party websites, plug-ins, applications, or their respective privacy statements, and expressly disclaims all liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of, in connection with, related to and/or resulting from any products, services, or information offered, provided, or collected by third-party websites, or any activities of third-party websites. MOD-PAC is not responsible for your use of these third-party websites, plug-ins, or applications. MOD-PAC makes no warranty, express or implied, or any guarantee regarding any third-party websites, plug-ins, applications, or their respective privacy statements, or any products, activities, services or information offered, provided, or collected by third-party websites, plug-ins, or applications. When you leave the Websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of such third parties by visiting the links included within those separate websites, since their policies may differ from this Policy, and they may use information in ways other than those described in this Policy.
The security and privacy of your online purchase is of the utmost importance to us. When users submit Personal Data to us via our Websites, their information is protected both online and offline.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is stored by MOD-PAC’s credit card gateway provider using encryption technology. MOD-PAC does not store cardholder data in any of its systems. We will not store your credit card information in our database unless you explicitly instruct us to do so.
We also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to Personal Data.
Your Personal Data is stored on a secure server. The server is maintained in a high-security environment.
Although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Data or private communications will always remain private. Protecting your account login credentials (i.e., your username and password) from unauthorized access is your responsibility. Do not share your login credentials with any third party. We recommend that you log out after accessing your account, change your password on a periodic basis, and limit access to your computer or device and its browser. While we use commercially reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with the Websites, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful. We do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that our safeguards will protect the total privacy of your Personal Data disclosed on the Websites. Your Personal Data may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge or permission while in transit to or from us. We cannot and do not ensure, represent, warrant, or guarantee the security of any information you transmit, or we collect, through the Websites.
Notification of Changes
If, however, we are going to use your Personal Data in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.
If customers have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Website notifying users of the change.
Our users are given the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their information used for purposes directly related to our site at the point where we ask for information. For example, our order form/account set up has an “opt-out” mechanism so users who buy products from us, but don’t want any marketing material, can keep their email address off our list.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the email or email us at email@example.com
Age of Consent
The Services are not intended for use by those under the age of 18, nor are they targeted to those under the age of 18. If you use the Services, you hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on our Services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from those under the age of 18, nor do we knowingly sell or otherwise disclose the personal information of those under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not (i) use or provide any information on MOD-PAC’s Services or through any of its features, (ii) use any of the interactive or fillable features of the Services, or (iii) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone address, e-mail address or any other information that could be used to identify you. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we receive from users we believe to be under the age of 18 will be purged from our database.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain data protection rights. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and California Civil Code § 1798.83, you have the right to exercise the following rights:
Disclosures of Personal Information We Collect
You have the right to know:
- The categories of Personal Data we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we have collected Personal Data
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Data
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you
- Personal Data We Sell or Use for a Business Purpose
In connection with any Personal Data we may sell or disclose to a third party for business purposes, you have the right to know:
- The categories of Personal Data that we sold
- The categories of third parties to whom Personal Data was sold
- The categories of Personal Data that we disclosed for a business purpose
- MOD-PAC does not sell (as is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Data we collect, and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, upon receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your Personal Data from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your Personal Data from their records.
Please note that we may not delete your Personal Data if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which your Personal Data was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you
- Detect and protect against security incidents, fraudulent or illegal activity, or for prosecuting those responsible for such activity
- Debug, identify, or repair errors that impair existing functionality
- Exercise free speech
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all applicable ethics and privacy laws
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with an existing legal obligation
- Otherwise use your Personal Data, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information
Protection Against Discrimination
You have the right not to be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we cannot:
- Deny goods or services to you
- Provide a different level or quality of services to you
Please note that we may charge a different price or rate to you if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your Personal Data.
MOD-PAC Corp. Sales Office
1801 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14207
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org